Who We Are
The Difference We Make
We don't just count the people we serve, we measure the difference we make. Count on CACLV to be there, strengthening the resolve of people to succeed, speaking out for the voiceless, and challenging those who would otherwise sit on the sidelines.
Million Pounds of Food Distributed to Non-profits
Families Assisted in Purchasing Homes
Start Your Business Clients Served 2016
Become a Financial Supporter Today
OUR VALUES STATEMENT
As an Advocate
- We are partners, coalition-builders and team players.
- We conduct professional research on poverty and its causes, understanding issues as the first step in the problem-solving process.
- We define the cutting edge in the problem-solving process.
- We speak out, challenging government, social and economic institutions to move towards social and economic justice, even at the expense of our own institutional preservation.
- We pursue justice.
- We believe charity is something a society must provide when there is no justice.
As a Community and Economic Development Organization
- We encourage all people to participate in civic life because we believe that good citizenship is the highest form of self-sufficiency.
- We believe that it is far more threatening for society when poverty leads to apathy and dependence than when it leads to anger and activism.
- We want businesses to make a fair and honest profit in our neighborhoods.
- We want jobs that pay wages that enable workers to maintain safe, self-sufficient households that are within reasonable proximity to neighborhoods.
- We want institutions to be humane, respectful and responsive to human needs.
- We want neighborhoods to be culturally rich, fun and healthy.
As a Human Services Agency
- We first seek to identify needs and to push the community to respond to the needs of its residents, rather than offering less critical services simply because resources for those services are easier to come by.
- We give people the tools to solve their own problems, rather than solve those problems for them. We treat people equally, with courtesy, compassion, respect, patience and dignity.
- We safeguard our clients’ confidentiality.
- We believe that people deserve another chance but expect personal responsibility in taking advantage of that extra chance.
As a Non-Profit Corporation
- We want taxpayers and our donors to be certain that their funds are invested wisely.
- We will not waste resources, including natural ones.
- We expect our Board of Directors to maintain the highest ethical standards.
- We want our audits to be flawless.
- We strive to maintain a balanced budget.
As an Employer
- We respect the needs of our employees and their families.
- We offer employment opportunities that are personally fulfilling.
- We strive to pay fair wages and offer good benefits.
- We strive to make our workplace safe.
- We value longevity, creativity, dedication, honesty and hard work.
- We are serious about equal opportunity and celebrate diversity.
- We have high standards of personal and professional conduct and ethics.
- We expect our employees to understand that they are role models.
- We respect our co-workers and treat them as we would want to be treated.
- We have fun.
Meet Our CACLV Board
The governing body of the Corporation is the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors has supervision, control, and direction of affairs of the Corporation.
At least one-third of the Directors represent organizations designated by the Board whose membership is predominately composed of low-income persons. They are chosen in accordance with democratic selection procedures adequate to assure that they represent the low-income in the area served by CACLV. They need not be low-income themselves, but the selection procedure assures that they represent low-income persons.
One-third of the Directors are either elected public officials currently holding office or their representatives. The remainder of the Directors are private individuals.
CACLV Executive Leadership Team and Directors
|Alan Jennings||Executive Director||Administration||(610) 691-5620||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|
|Anna Smith||Director||Community Action Development Corporation of Bethlehem||(610) 807-9337||409 East Fourth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.cadcb.org|
|Chris Hudock||Director||Rising Tide Community Loan Fund||(484) 893-1039||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.therisingtide.org|
|Daniel Bosket||Director||Community Action Development Corporation of Allentown||(610) 433-5703||523-525 North Seventh Street, Allentown, PA 18102||cadca.caclv.org|
|David Chevalier||Director||Information Technology||(610) 849-7700||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|
|Dawn Godshall||Associate Executive Director||Community Services||(610) 691-5620||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|
|Dolores Singletary||Director||Work Ready||(610) 849-7800||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|
|Ellen Larmer||Associate Executive Director||Community Development||(610) 691-5620||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|
|Jessica Dokachev||Director||Second Harvest Food Bank of the Lehigh Valley and Northeast Pennsylvania||(484) 287-4015||6969 Silver Crest Rd, Nazareth PA 18064||www.shfblv.org|
|Jessica Reimert||Director||Human Resources||(610) 691-5620||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|
|Kristine Blasco||Director||Sixth Street Shelter||(610) 435-1490||219 North Sixth Street, Allentown, PA 18102||sixthstreetshelter.caclv.org|
|Lizette Soto||Director||OnTrack||(484) 893-1100||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|
|Michael Handzo||Project Coordinator||Lehigh Valley Community Land Trust||(484) 893-1061||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|
|Ralph Fisher||Associate Executive Director||Finance||(610) 691-5620||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|
|Ross P. Marcus||Deputy Executive Director||Administration||(610) 691-5620||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|
|Sharol Lilly, MSW||Associate Executive Director||Planning||(610) 691-5620||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|
|Stephen Reider||Director||Slate Belt Rising||(484) 523-0900||197 Pennsylvania Ave, Bangor, PA 18013||www.slatebeltrising.org|
|Susan Gottwald||Director||Community Action Financial Services||(610) 691-5620||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|
|Tim Werner||Director||Weatherization||(610) 691-5620||1337 East Fifth Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015||www.caclv.org|